TEM122: Chrysanthe Tan on Being Yourself as an Artist, Killing It on Patreon and Tips for Better Time Management
Chrysanthe Tan is a composer, violinist, poet and entrepreneur based out of LA.
*****Want to make more money in the music business? Set up your free consultation today with TEM Consulting to see if we are a good fit. Find out more at: http://www.andrewhitz.com/consulting*****
What You'll Learn from Chrysanthe in TEM122:
- Why the cost of being anything other than yourself is never worth it (and how she learned this through experience)
- How assuming the three traditional paths for classical musicians were the only possible routes to success almost led her out of music altogether
- How a regular customer at a restaurant where she waited tables ended up giving her the break of a lifetime in the music business
- Why she found college much more rewarding after dropping out and coming back a little later in life
- How she is able to kill it on Patreon (in spite of it not being as successful out of the gate as she thought it would be)
- Why her fear of relying on others for all of her income inspired her to blaze her own path and start her Patreon
- How Chrysanthe relies on multiple coaches to keep her career and life on track
- Why batching and planning are the secrets to her time management success
Show notes for all episodes of TEM including topics discussed, links to all books and websites referenced can be found at:
Don't miss the debut of the TEM Newsletter! Sign up to receive a free copy of 7 Lessons Learned from the First 100 Episodes of TEM.
1. Help me get to my goal of $50 per episode on Patreon by pledging as little as $1 per episode to support the show: https://www.patreon.com/tempodcast.
2. Help me get to my goal of 75 ratings at iTunes by leaving a rating and review.
Follow TEM on Instagram and Twitter and Facebook
And finally, a huge thank you to Parker Mouthpieces for providing the hosting for TEM.
Also be sure to check out all the cool, entrepreneurial stuff the Hogtown Brass Quintet have going on including their latest album, A Holiday Album, Vol. 1, at http://www.hogtownbrass.com/.
Produced by Andrew Hitz for Pedal Note Media