The website of Andrew Hitz: Soloist, Clinician, Jupiter XO Educational Ambassador. Former tuba player for Boston Brass.
(Check out my new Now Page to see what I'm up to right now.)
The Entrepreneurial Musician: A podcast, blog, newsletter, and consulting service that empowers musical entrepreneurs by providing the tools needed to succeed in today's music business.
The Performance and Pedagogy Blog: Thoughts and resources to inspire and educate musicians and music educators. Focuses on the pedagogy and performance of music.
Clinician: I have given clinics in over 30 countries and 40 states for hundreds of thousands of students as an Educational Ambassador for Jupiter Band Instruments.
The Band Director's Guide Series: A series of books for band directors from Hitz Publications featuring interviews with experts on each instrument.
Andrew's Shows on the Pedal Note Media Podcast Network:
The Entrepreneurial Musician: A podcast that empowers musical entrepreneurs by providing the tools needed to succeed in today's music business. Guests on the show have included:
- Patrick Sheridan
- Dana Fonteneau
- Dr. Tim Lautzenheiser
- Jeff Conner (Boston Brass)
- Ranaan Meyer (Time for Three)
- Gavin Chuck & Michael Clayville (Alarm Will Sound)
- Jessica Meyer
The Brass Junkies: I am joined by former Boston Brass colleague Lance LaDuke to interview the world's greatest brass players about everything from the serious to the ridiculous, just like the music business. Guests on the show have included:
- Joseph Alessi (New York Philharmonic)
- Marty Hackleman (Formerly of Canadian Brass, Empire Brass, National Symphony Orchestra)
- Ryan Anthony (Dallas Symphony and formerly of Canadian Brass)
- JD Shaw (Formerly of Boston Brass)
- Carol Jantsch (Philadelphia Orchestra)
Some recent popular posts from the Performance and Pedagogy Blog: