This TEM Short is in response to my interview with John Beder in Episode 83.
Is a lack of a deadline holding your project back?
- 1:22 - How John had some flexible deadlines throughout the process but had a very hard deadline at the end of the project (with consequences for not meeting it!) which brought it across the finish line
- 4:09 - How we can apply this to each of our own projects like making a website and why deadlines are important
- 5:21 - Seth Godin's insistence that any project have a hard ship deadline that will be met no matter what
- 6:10 - How freeing it is to realize (like John did while making this film) that your best work is still ahead of you
- 7:30 - Do you have any projects that are floundering because they don't have a specific, immovable deadline for shipping (Spoiler: I do!)
- John Beder: Episode 83
- "Composed" Documentary
- Email Me with a Project that Needs a Deadline (To go on the record!)
- Parker Mouthpieces
It would mean the world to me if you felt like making a small donation to support what I'm doing with TEM. You can find out more at:
Produced by Joey Santillo