This episode of TEM features my thoughts on the famous "1,000 True Fans" concept by Kevin Kelly. Be sure to read the blog post at the top of the links below!
- Why you only need "1,000 true fans" to make a good living as an artist
- Why the easiest way to get a fan to give you $100 each year is to produce a lot of different content
- How the key to cultivating true fans is direct contact with them
- If you gain one true fan a day for three years you will end up with 1,000
- Stop procrastinating and regularly ship the art you are working on
- 1,000 True Fans Blog Post by Kevin Kelly
- Canadian Brass
- Wu Tang Clan's $2 Million Album
- Seth Godin
Want to help "keep the lights on" and make future episodes of TEM possible? Please visit our Patreon page to see how you can help:
You can also help other people find the show by leaving a rating and a review over on iTunes.
The Entrepreneurial Musician is produced by Joey Santillo.