Hugh Sung is a world class pianist, teacher, entrepreneur and host of the podcast, A Musical Life.
- How he came to become a founding partner of AirTurn
- How his partner, a serial entrepreneur, set up an initial time table that was literally 10 times more aggressive than Hugh was thinking
- How as musicians we are used to wanting things perfect before we present them but his partner was more "Ready, Fire, Aim"
- How they redesigned the air turn website a dozen times and paid attention to what worked and what didn't work with each version
- Why the business world is different then the musical one because you can accurately measure your efforts
- How the hard work of being an entrepreneur was easy because we're already trained that way as classical musicians
- The importance of marketing the right product to the right people
- The difficulties of educating a potential customer base about how your product can improve their lives when they don't know it already
- The key to marketing is selling something that is truly good for the world
- The dangers of approaching our art by thinking "you should love it because it is great"
- The importance of always keeping the customer happy and receiving a good value
- The importance of initiative - of making the move
- Why it is best to fish in blue oceans and why that is the future for successful arts entrepreneurship
- A Musical Life Podcast
- Piano Lessons with Hugh
- A Musical Life Mastermind
- To Sell Is Human - Daniel Pink
- Blue Ocean Strategy - W. Chan Kim and Renée Mauborgne
- "I would redefine salesmanship as the best teacher. And again, this has to be based on selling something that you truly believe is good for the world. You can have the best marketing and if it's the worst product, you are throwing your money away. But if it is something genuinely good and beneficial, salesmanship is really being a good teacher - teaching people why this would help them, how this would help them."
Want to help "keep the lights on" and make future episodes of TEM possible? Please visit our Patreon page to see how you can help: