Mike Nickens (aka Doc Nix) is my colleague at George Mason University and the director of the university's pep band, the "Green Machine". He created a tenured position for himself which is basically unheard of in this day and age. In short, he made himself irreplaceable.
- How a tenured position was created for him by the dean
- How networking helped him create a community around the Green Machine
- The thought process behind his image and branding as the group's leader
- The benefits of systemizing goals
- Maintaining relationships in business and in friendship
- Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us by Seth Godin
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen
- The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho
You can help offset the ongoing costs of producing the show by making a small donation at http://www.pedalnotemedia.com/support-the-entrepreneurial-musician. Your support is greatly appreciated!