Alan Baylock has had a wildly successful career as a composer, arranger, educator and bandleader. He is approaching his twentieth year as the chief arranger of the Airmen of Note before he takes over as the newly appointed leader of The One O'Clock Lab Band at North Texas.
Alan talks about how his attempts to become the next Maynard Ferguson and writing salsa charts turned into teaching gigs at both of the colleges he attended while simultaneously working with the nation's best jazz ensembles.
- Life as a composer, educator and arranger
- Forming his own big band
- Keys to auditioning and interviewing well
- How musicians should price themselves for different services
- The music publication process
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle